Sunday, October 02, 2005

80's Rule my dancing skills

I suck. No, I wrote this giant fabulous blog during the week, as soon as I went to publish, it somehow magically got erased! I was bugged at first, then I realized that it was probably a good thing because it ended up being a little more personal than had intended. And I haven't had time until now to redo.

Let's see, Thursday we went to dinner for Rach's birthday... It was hilarious we had the most chill waitress and she gave us so much free stuff. Chris and I shared the never ending shrimp. We ate so much shrimp I was sick. And Rachel Lee ordered a Long Island iced tea with no idea. Our waitress didn't card her or anything, Rachel Lee took a sip and realized that it had two shots of alcohol, ha ha!! Good times, we headed up to SL for 80's night afterwards, got there late but I was way tired so it was about perfect. Ran into Emmy dancing, she chopped off her hair!!

Friday night was a crazy night at work! Super busy, it was almost worth it. But I didn't get out until after close. We decided to hit up the UVSC dance. I can't really do UVSC sponsered events too often, I don't like strangers humping me.... But it was actually pretty fun, it was good to see everyone (the same people that go to any social event in the area). So we made our rounds, dancing for a bit, then I was ready. Chris, Rachel and I were laughing because it's become apparent that we are 80's dancers through and through!! They were playing all hip-hop, obviously, UVSC. And we couldn't do it! Chris suggested that we dance like at 80's, just slow it down, it wasn't working out. It took me awhile to get back into. But I'm okay with that. I'd rather be up there than watching all your friends try hump trashy girls. So after that, we were naturally a bit hungry. Beto's, only thing open at three. I hit my pillow exhausted.....

I've got tons to catch up on school-wise. I plan to spend my day doing just that and hopefully I'll get to bed semi early. I'm so sick of getting to bed so late, it's killing me. I really need to get serious about life. I was having a conversation with Lindsay and Chris on the way up to SL on Thursday. I've never felt so worthless. Well, that's a lie, but I felt pretty crummy. They were going on about career fairs and internships, 13 homework assignments, 5 tests in a week. I just had a realization that I need some direction and self motivation to be fabulous like that. Lindsay plans her week completely around her homework/tests, I plan around social gatherings. I plan to do as little as possible to get by and am lucky to get to class two consecutive days.... What's wrong with this picture? I can't decide why I can't get motivated about school, it all just crappy. period.


I hope you're all catching conference today!! The prophet is so adorable, I love him.

Song: Ryan Adams, Any and ALL!!

Fewer and fewer people I talk to know much about this guy. But he's a genius and a huge icon in my musical journeys. I've been completely effected by lots of his stuff. The reason I thought of him is because this guy Jim gave me a ride home on Friday and he might have been more obsessed with him than me. It made me happy that he was appreciated by someone else but me and Kuch of course. Get his, Love is Hell album for sure. Heartbreaker is killer too. "Come pick me up, take me out, #*%@ me up, steal my records. Screw all my friends, they're all full of #^$*, with a smile on your face... and you do it again, I wish you would."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're the only other person I've heard of who listens to Sigur Ros. um.. ok. The end. I'm going away now.

Anonymous said...

i cant stop smiling everytime pres hinckley gets up to talk. he's the cutest!

Anonymous said...

Early to bed....early to rise...that's what I always say. Well, maybe the early to rise thing is a little too dramatic. It took me some time to discover that the late nights were only bringing me down, too. Then, you find yourself sleepwalking through life. Do yourself a favor and stop all the moonlight madness, babe! Then, the rest of life might take on a whole new light...Ya, the social scene is cool and all, but is it THAT cool? As in--worth it?? The direction will come--but you have to be awake enough to reach out and grab it!!! Get some sleep...you'll thank yourself later.

Anonymous said...

wow its soooo weird how everyone is losing their phonebooks lately. mine, chris', and now your cell is outta commission! holy guacamole.

Karalee Kuchar said...

I'm sort of catching up on the blogs I didn't read when my life was crap before and I was never on a computer.. needless to say you are still entertaining. Why is it so hard to instill Ryan Adams in others even when they have same music taste?! I don't really get it. And thanks for mentioning me in your blog. I must have left something in you subconscience and it brings me joy.