Monday, October 17, 2005

Spare keys' dying day

Yes, I decided to change my blog name. So find me here from now on...

I discovered something that'd I'd always known somewhat but not really tested for myself today. Something that controls the male specieman all too much more than I had ever realized. The all powerful and mighty mini-skirt!! And trust me, it's not even that mini, it's like a toy poodle, rather than a mini anything on my stumps that I call legs. Wow. Somehow this $5 clearence purchase had causually made it's way into the regular rotation of fall attire, it goes great with boots... Anyhow, I have worn this skirt out many a time in the past few weeks, mostly among friends. But today in the frantic search for something that would draw eyes away from my undone hair and make-up, I scraped it from the floor, threw it on and ran out the door (already ten minutes late.) The minute I hit campus I noticed immediately that today I could have been wearing a bonnet and it wouldn't have mattered!! Even good friends (probably not the most respectable boys you could meet) that I hadn't seen in awhile had the nerve to stare while standing two feet from me "in conversation." Not going to lie, I smiled inside for the first time or two this happened, but by the end of the day I was so disgusted!! I don't think a single person looked at my face the entire day!! And mark my words that I vowe to never be caught in the skirt on campus again! Unless I become completely heartbroken and desperate for any attention I can get. I'm excited to go to school tomorrow to hopefully get past over by the ongoing horny men.

After making a run for it half way through my math class I made it to the parking lot and began rummaging through my bag for my keys, I was so ready to be outta there. Sure enough like many other recent days (at least twice a week) my keys were dangling from the ignition. I called my pops to come to the rescue but I was left with the animals(men pulling up in trucks with hip-hop playing) for at least 25 minutes waitng for his arrival. When he finally made it there he presented me with my very own spare key to keep in my bag or somewhere else so I didn't have to pull him away from his day anymore.

After lunch with my prego sis I couldn't pass up the music store. I'm so sick of my baby (ipod) being sick. So I bought a bunch of music, some new and some that I used to have from other people but lost in the tragic accident... I'm stoked. But let me tell you it's a sad thing when you have the inclination to purchase an album that you already own just because you love it that much!! Which brings me to the changing of the title.

Song: Bloc Party, Blue Light

"Blue Light"
You'll find it hiding in shadows
You'll find it hiding in cupboards
It will walk you home safe every night
It will help you remember

If that's way it is
Then that's the way it is

I still feel you and the taste of cigarettes
What could I ever run to
Just tell me it's tearing you apart
Just tell me you cannot sleep

And you didn't even notice
When the sky turned blue
And you couldn't tell the difference
Between me and you

And I nearly didn't notice
The gentlest feeling
...................
You are the bluest light


Aww Bloc Party. My favorite album of the year by far. I figured it was more than appropriate, not to mention ironic that these instances occured in the same afternoon. Out with the spare keys deal and in with the love of my life, music, Bloc Party, this song. I hope to never be stranded again, I know Evil has it in for me!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i totally agree... bloc party rocks my socks off!!!!!! i love it sooo much. so tami says that she didnt oogle over you. she might have made an appreciative glance but looked at your face too. youre beautiful!
and tami says you cant help it if your hott

Anonymous said...

no, no she'd still be SMOKIN!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered mingling your love of music and the written word....write songs/poetry....I'm sure you would create something amazing!