Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Letter

What is with this giant myspace trend?!! I've refused to sign up for sometime now just because I knew it would consume way too much of my time. But I have to admit I almost did today, just because there were a few friends that I was dying to make fun of. I might still, we'll see. But, mostly I'm done with these lamer than life profiles with pictures of themselves trying to be as sexy as possible. Pouted lips, next to no clothes... Don't even get me started on the naked torso guys pictures. Wow, what is the world coming to? They don't realize that they actully just look trashy, I'm sure they don't care either.

As for profiles, I really want to get a picture on here... But I admit that I'm incapable and need the assistance of a literate compter person with enough patience to teach me. The whole publishing pics online is way over my head, but I feel lame cause my page needs one!!

I sat down to talk to one of my friends a few days ago in between class, right before my dreaded two hour math block. After a few minutes of conversation we got on the subject of two mutual, involved friends. He started going off on a few issues that are more than often spoken about in our little community of friends. So many of the things he voiced totally stuck out in my mind and gave me a whole different perspective not only on our friend's situation but things relating to my many chaotic life experiences and confusions, obviously because here I am blogging about it. The point of all this is just to say how refreshing it was to speak to this boy who is and always has been completley adorable, but besides that, he just had everything so straight in his head! All his priorities straight, the right ideals (in my mind at least) and wasn't afraid to speak his mind. It's so rare these days and I just really respected and appreciated it!! It's hot!!

Have you noticed that references to the title RM have totally changed in the last couple years. Well to me and my discoveries of all walks of life anyhow. I no longer have immediate respect and high expectations of men donning this beloved title. It's too hard to weed out the good from the bad these days, and that's a terrible thing to say "bad." Many have good intentions but it's way too easy to get sucked into crappy ways of life. It's almost humerous to watch our parents' and neighbors' jaws drop when rumors get around about someone who has served a mission. So naive, they have no idea.

My teeth hurt from eating so much bubble gum!! But it's so worth it, it's my favorite!

I'm currently waitng for a response from Corbin, I sent THE letter out this week. We'll see what he says, I hope he got it by today so he can email me. But you would all agree with me, had you actually read the letter that it was a good one, blunt as well.

Song: Mazzy Star, Into Dust

This is for yesterday actually. It was such a rainy day and I felt crappy!! I was driving in the rain listening to completely meloncholy music, you can't rock out on rainy days it's an unwritten rule. Anyhow, this song came on and it reminded me of a movie. I was in this nostalgic state, you know, where you have no idea what is going on, scenery passes but you don't see it, you just stare... Then the next thing you know you're at your destination with no recollection of how you got there. Yesterday was a lot like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

myspace sucks

Anonymous said...

Perspective and priorities are amazing things...they bring surprising peace to an always-more-chaotic existence. Defintely hang onto those friends who have it...I agree, its refreshing and all to rare. Good luck with the letter...