Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Fun vs. Health, the ultimate battle

My body is soooo tired!! I don't know what it is lately but I'm useless in every sense of the word. I think for the past 48 hours I've had a headache, nausia, the mad hacking cough and a complete lack of energy and desire to do much of anything productive. I decide to blame this on my night life.... I need to spend more nights staying in and getting stuff done. Yesterday I started to feel like I was drowning, sitting in class after class with announcement of exam after exam... I'm burned out. I haven't even made any super cool Halloween plans yet, so someone invite me to something cool!!! I have to work all weekend but I suspect that I'll get off super eartly so I'm not too worried about that. But should I sit Halloween out? I'm not even in the mood for it right now. Everything is YuK!!

Last night was my brother-in-law's surprise party my sister threw that went really well. He got his Masters in public health, whatever that means. I can't even imagine having accomplished something like that. But it was good to get the family together and he got to see friends and what not.

After, we headed up to SL for the Iron and Wine show which was incredible. It was perfect for me. I threw off my boots and constricting dress and went in jeans, sweatshirt and vans. I was loving life!! I was so chill and the show and people were just as well. I just swayed and took it all in. Sunnie and I were a tad disappointed they didn't play "Such Great Heights." But besides that, it was perfect. At the end they played some songs with Calexico who I hadn't heard before but were impressive. I've decided that going to shows is the perfect cure for love sickness. Not that I'm love sick by any means, but I've been to three shows within the last week and I haven't even thought of a boy!! I think it has something to do with what Epicurius said. Music/poetry/art things like that satisfy your needs and are considered "higher" pleasures or something like that. I'm just pretending to know what I'm talking about, but it makes perfect sense in my head. Also, I'm still trying to figure out the point of encores....

Last weekend was fun, that band thing at UVSC turned out to be fun. There wasn't a ton of people there but there was enough to make it worth while. I saw some old friends and meet some new ones. Plus most of the gang was there, what more could you ask for?

Don't you hate growing apart from people? I consequently spoke to both of my best friends from high school today, both of whom are marriend. We don't really have much to say to each other these days. People just change so much, it's insane but it makes me sad to think how close we all were at one point in our lives. I wonder how long it will take to completely loose contact.

Song of da day: Such Great Heights, Iron and Wine (postal service cover)

Naturally. This song is on Garden State if you remember. They did a great job covering it, but I also really love the original by Postal Service. Check them out if you don't know what I'm talking about.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that party that you speak of better be mine stopher! and you ALL better come. its going to be hot!

Anonymous said...

Lack of sleep has this way of burning you out faster than you realize. Plus, it seems that when you go through the day in a blur, its hard to find the depth in everyday situations in order to feed the soul. Overall, I think you just feel BLAH--physically, mentally, spiritually. Happens to me all the time! However, I know that music does feed your soul...so maybe there's not even a situation here! I also happen to think that anything that takes the mind off of the neverending fret over any boy is worth it! Are they really worth all the turmoil? I have my doubts at times. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

High school friends fade into the past...sometimes you just have to leave them there. Life has new ones in store for you!