Thursday, November 24, 2005

Musical love affair

I feel I've been extremely neglectful if that's a word to my blog...

It's early on Thanksgivng day. In twelve hours, all the festivities begin, drat. I'm not going to lie, Thanksgiving is not as cool as it's made out to be.

Things worthy of making note of the last week and a half:

Mon. November 15, Spoon!!! Great show if there ever was one. They had the best fake Red Bulls ever!! I was standing front row right in front of the base player, so great!!!! Shows are still the all-time enjoyment of my life.

Thurs. One of the funnest 80's dancing extravaganzas yet!! Why? I don't know if I was really hyper or just really desperate for attention but we were out of control and there were tons of fun people there.... good times.

Hmmm... Does that bring us to this past Mon? Damon came down at noon and within the 15 hours he spent down here, we managed to do just about everything we love most twice. I'm being quite serious. Chili's, movies (Harry Potter, really great) Mall, other mall, Winger's, two music stores, coldstone, other mall... Ended up at Chris' and we got into long conversation about our lifelong problems. Perfect bloated day, I'd say.

Last night's 80's experience was up there too. Although there weren't as many people celebrating the 80's we all had a blast and were extremely hyper. Which brought us to gilgal and LDS hospital. I'll leave it, you were there.

White-trash cowboys drive my petulant demeanor.... I think anyone that wanted to make my life miserable came to Los Hermanos. Keep your buck, I'm good. I'd rather save my energy for the dance floor.

I'm on my roommate's computer right now, you know when you have your itunes on shuffle in the background.... Indian Outlaw keeps popping up. And I can't seem to weed out the Deana Carter despite the fact that I've spent time putting so much of my music on here. It's wonderous to me how horrible of taste in music some people have. I guess that's bad to say, technically it's all just based on opinon right? I just know that Avril surely doesn't get me like Elliott does. It's hard to comprehend sometimes that the amazing music that enriches my life daily is not understood and heard as "cat noises" to most people. Family and friends laugh when I shove headphones in their ears and insist that this song will change their lives. Music really and truely changes my life!!! It shapes my opinions and extracts emotions, makes my mind turn for hours, expands my creativity, I could go on and on. It's something I crave at all hours of the day and night. It's built into me I know it. And I choose to run away and live happily ever after.

I cannot believe it's almost Christmas. I won't even let myself think about how much I have to do for it, or the lack of money to do so....

Song: Options, Pedro the Lion

We were walking, holding hands
With our bare feet in the sand
And the seagulls overhead
When I broke the spell and said

"I could never divorce you
Without a good reason
And though I may never have to
It's good to have options"

But for now, I need you
But for now, I need you
But for now, I need you

But it was only in my head
Because no one ever says
What they really mean to say
When there's so much at stake

So I told her I loved her
And she told me she loved me
And I mostly believed her
And she mostly believed me

Always have loved Pedro. I used to play Rapture on repeat on a daily basis. Lately I've been completely obesessed with this song. I listen to the lyrics over and over again. It's sheer brilliance I tell you, so simple but so true. It's dripping with this naked realism that you have to appreciate. So many people stay in relationships out of convenience and the comfort of having someone around which I completely understand. It's nice to have someone to report your day to and have them pretend to care, then you hug and kiss and do it all over again. Enough said, "But for NOW I need you......" Break away.

4 comments:

Vandersun said...

Cancance, I am seeing you in a whole new light. My Lord, but you are quite profound. And lyrical; I mean that in an incredibly good way. Sometimes I think that I have people figured out, but then I almost always find a whole new side that I either love (or in the case of most relationships) am shocked senseless by. In this case, however, I am even more totally in love.

Anonymous said...

is it worth the pain? convenience is not all its hyped up to be. you need more. keep looking, it'll find you (prolly before it finds me!)

Anonymous said...

"No one ever says what they really mean to say when there's so much at stake..."
I wish you would...

Anonymous said...

Luckily there is no NOW in forever...