Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Trouble in the OC

My life has turned into what would be a really great episode of Laguna Beach. For those that don't know what I'm talking about, Laguna Beach is this hit on MTV of high school, ok one more time HIGH SCHOOL kid's dramatized lives. I'm an adult now, shouldn't drama be replaced by ordinary old maturity and communication? And I never did do much of the whole drama thing in HS.

Ronny writes about cake.... I've got a couple of slices on my hands as well, one I want to lick the frosting off and leave the dry, tasteless, and may I say blank mass of the rest lying on the platter. Then there is another piece, it looks as though clipped from a magazine. Unfortunately for me I've already eaten a huge dinner and want to leave it and come back later... Plus before then I'll probably be snacking on various goodies... Unfair? Life is unfair and I'm stuck in a state of confusion. I'm waiting for someone to come along and rock me hard enough to realize what I really need and want! For now I'm stuck with empty carbs and comfort food. And along with my dear friend I too think I need to swear off cake for awhile.

With that I've got to start off on that crickety, wobbley old bridge that's a hundred years old that could possibly break underneath my feet any second, making me regret any past decision I make about cake, life or any other snack foods at that. As I tumble to my death (aka life of misery and affliction) I'll think of you!

Song: Portions for foxes, Rilo Kiley

Vistit myspace and watch the video... "Baby, I'm bad news!" Ain't that the truth?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, the timeless dilemma...how to "want your cake and eat it too." Might be a good turn to swear off the cake completely for a while...you'll be amazed how much vision will create itself when life isn't bogged down with empty calories and sticky, sweet filler frosting. You can do it...clarity will come. You'll find under the fluff will not just be a dry, tasteless mass--but substance and answers. Keep digging! You're amazing.

Karalee Kuchar said...

I love cake and wish I could eat yours because my plate is empty at the time being. You know what I think.. I'm just as confused as you are. But this is fun! haha

The Liana's said...

stupid metaphors im sick of them.
in other news, sorry i didnt come over sat or fri or whenever that was... we were watching a movie. how do you like my roommate?

Vandersun said...

Hahaha. I find it intensely satisfying that you are addicted to my meat. ...Yes I did just say that. It brings me great joy to hear you using my metaphors as well. It brings me to an altogether annoying subject that I seem to keep going back to.
Why does cake seem to always be around when you're on a diet (or eating other cake) and then when you realize which piece you really want, (even if it's the LAST piece) it decides that it needs a break from your drama? WTF is THAT about!??? My life is a lot more like Survivor Yukon, but still equally exasperating. I lub you though. Don't forget you still have the option of "pancakes". Mhehehe.

Jokey Smurf said...

Too bad nobody like fruitcake....